Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Scotland


In Aberdeen of course


In Edinburgh Castle



Outside Edinburgh Castle

Just back from a adventurous tour of Scotland. Had a day and a half in Edinburgh with my cousin who lives at the famous Edinburgh school of Fettes where her husband is housemaster. Angus's I'm sure Malcolm M may have heard of this school; it reminded me of a huge Scotch College!

Then up to my homelands of Aberdeen. Spent 4 days in Aberdeen. It's a changed place from my last visit 8 yrs ago. I loved getting the bus to hear folk speak like my parents.
Visited Balmoral, Ballater, Tomintoul, The Lecht, Alford, Granton on Spey. Amazingly many famous whisky distilleries were shut for winter - not happy Jan!, Ive put the names in for Angus senior; I'm not sure if anyone else knows these places.

Angus had a fine meal in Ma Cameron's. Enjoyed some Rowies and Buttries. Had a great time.

Off to London tomorrow for 2 days.

Enjoy first band practice. Not happy missing it. I've been so busy I haven't played pipes for a while.

Take care all Regards

Andy T


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip round Scotland in winter. Not a journey that many tourists would be taking on !!!! Hence the lack of open distilleries.

We look forward to hearing all about it when you come back Andrew. In the meantime have a pleasant time in the Big Smoke and a safe trip home.

We had 41DegC yesterday, but back to a pleasant bit of weather for the rest of the week.

Tanundapiper said...

Looks like you're having a great time. Bring back lots of photos.
-Peter